OXNARD, Calif. – The California Promise and the Oxnard College 15-to-Finish are making the first two years of community college tuition free.
Together, these two programs pay the per-unit cost of classes taken at Oxnard College for the first two years for full-time, first-time college students. In addition to financial savings, students benefit from smaller class sizes, highly-qualified instructors, industry partnerships, and guaranteed UC and CSU transfer admission pathways.
“With the Promise, Oxnard College expands the opportunities for more individuals in our community to pursue their educational and career goals,” said Dr. Cynthia E. Azari, Oxnard College President. “Providing a second year of funding eliminates the financial burden of paying for college tuition and encourages students to enroll full-time to complete their program expeditiously.”
Promise recipients also have access to priority registration, dedicated support programs, expanded college orientation, career advising, and transfer guidance.
The priority application deadline for the Oxnard College Promise is July 15, 2018, students can continue to apply to the college and register for classes after this date. However, students are encouraged to apply early as classes fill up quickly. The program is expected to serve approximately 900 students on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Interested students must complete the following six steps:
- Submit an Oxnard College application | oxnardcollege.edu/apply
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or the California Dream Act |oxnardcollege.edu/finaid
- Complete the Oxnard Promise application online at | oxnardcollge.edu/promise
- Attend an Oxnard College orientation (available online or in-person) | my.vcccd.edu
- Complete the Math and English assessment placement (bring a copy of your high school or college transcript)
- Complete an educational plan with an Oxnard College counselor
The first year of the Promise is supported through state funds; California College Promise Grant and the California Promise (Assembly Bill 19). The second year of the Promise (15 to Finish) is generously funded by the Oxnard College Foundation.
View a list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
For more information, please contact Oxnard College Vice President of Student Development Dr. Oscar Cobian at firstname.lastname@example.org